Bechtel Applauds Employee Giving at U.S. Government Projects in 2016
RESTON, Va., Feb. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Bechtel today thanked employees at the company’s affiliated government and nuclear projects for donating more than $12 million in 2016 and for volunteering countless hours to support their surrounding communities across the United States. In one case, responding to a wild fire that destroyed more than 1,000 homes in Tennessee, employees gave both hands-on help and financial aid – sending first responders and emergency supplies. Today’s thank-you is part of Bechtel’s Global Stewardship Month activities at the company’s projects and sites worldwide.
«We’re privileged to have so many dedicated people working at our project sites and permanent offices,» said Barbara Rusinko, president of Bechtel’s Nuclear, Security and Environmental business unit. «Their stewardship efforts are inspiring and reflect our commitment to actively engage and support local communities.»
Other examples at Bechtel-affiliated projects include:
- The Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant and its employees donated funds and volunteer hours to local charities and organizations in southeastern Washington including Toys for Tots, Bikes for Tykes, United Way, March of Dimes, and various educational institutions.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s annual employee giving campaign raised funds for local charitable organizations through employee donations and a match from Lawrence Livermore National Security LLC, which manages the lab. The community gift program supported California organizations that focus on literacy, cultural arts and science, engineering and math education opportunities for children as well as supporting those in need of assistance including families and senior citizens.
- Consolidated Nuclear Security LLC and its employees at the Pantex Plant in Texas and the Y-12 National Security Complex in Tennessee were active in charitable contributions to United Way, educational activities, community events, and sponsorships.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory’s annual employee giving campaign is a key contributor to charities in New Mexico and elsewhere, through donations from lab employees and a match from the lab’s management organization, Los Alamos National Security LLC. In 2016, the Los Alamos Employee’s Scholarship Fund awarded scholarships to 95 New Mexico students.
- Employees at the Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant project in Colorado, led by Bechtel National Inc., and the Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant project in Kentucky, managed by Bechtel Parsons Blue Grass, donated significant funding to United Way and other charitable organizations, volunteered for school, community, and charitable programs; and donated thousands of pounds of food to local food banks in 2016.
- Employees at Bechtel’s offices in Tennessee, Virginia, and California, donated time and money in support of wild fire relief, local food banks, schools, and community activities; professional clothing and accessories to a workforce development program; and money, supplies, and holiday presents to a shelter for abused women.
Bechtel works side by side with customers, communities, contractors, government entities, and local organizations to establish common goals for the projects and the community. More information is available in Bechtel’s 2016 sustainability report.
The company’s signature stewardship program partners include FIRST®, Junior Achievement Worldwide, DiscoverE, and Engineers Without Borders. Bechtel partners with the four nonprofits to support education, encourage volunteerism and improve communities globally by sharing our engineering and construction expertise.
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all 7 continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live. www.Bechtel.com
Fred de Sousa
t. 703 429 6435
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bechtel-applauds-employee-giving-at-us-government-projects-in-2016-300415016.html